John Henry Steinmeyer memoir, undated.
- Steinmeyer, John Henry, 1836-1902
- Archival and manuscript material
Where to find it
History of the Marion Rifles of Charleston, S.C. (Company A, 24th South Carolina Regiment), by Steinmeyer, one of its officers. (Although the document is headed "Diary of J. H. Steinmeyer," it actually is not a diary.) The unit served at Charleston and Wilmington, N.C., and in the Army of Tennessee. Included are names of officers, an outline of the organization, lists of recruits, and stories about the conduct and exploits of the men.
This item is about
- In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#3627-z).
Mimeograph typescript; original in private hands in 1963.
- Local Notes
- Source of acquisition: Acquired 1963
- 1 item (34 p.).
- Genre or Form
- Personal narratives, Confederate
- OCLC Number