Ed Yowell autobiography, 1996.
- Yowell, Ed, 1918-
- Archival and manuscript material
Where to find it
A autobiographical manuscript, "Ed Yowell, A Climber of the Steep Ascent" (1996), which chiefly documents Yowell's career as a textile industry sales executive, specializing in threads and elastics. Beginning in 1937, Yowell held a variety of positions in the textile industry. In 1942, he enlisted in the Army Air Corps. He was trained in various specialties, met his future wife, but never saw combat. The manuscript shows that, after the war, Yowell worked for textile companies in New York and, 1953-1959, for the Episcopal Diocese of New York as director of promotion. In 1959, he returned to the South, working for textile companies in North Carolina and other southern locations until 1996. The text deals to some extent with Yowell's childhood and to a lesser degree with his adult family relationships, but centers on his career and the changes that he witnessed during his long tenure in the textile industry.
This item is about
- Biographical Sketch of Creators
- Ed Yowell, born in 1918 in Nashville, Tenn., was a sales executive in the textile industry.
- In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#4938-z).
- 1 item.
- Genre or Form
- Personal narratives, American
- OCLC Number