Howard E. Covington research papers, 1999-2001.
- Covington, Howard E., Jr., 1944-
- Archival and manuscript material
Where to find it
The collection consists of interview transcripts and audiocassettes of interviews created by Howard E. Covington in the course of his research for "Favored by fortune: George W. Watts & the Hills of Durham" (2004). There are also several partial drafts of the book, which discusses Watts and the Hill family, including John Sprunt Hill, who were business people, politicians, and philanthropists, chiefly in Durham, N.C.
This item is about
- Access Restriction
- Use of audio materials may require production of listening copies.
- Biographical Sketch of Creators
- Howard E. Covington is a reporter and author who has written extensively about North Carolina people and events.
- In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#5497).
- Local Notes
- Source of acquisition: Acquired 2011
- About 1200 items (1.5 linear feet).
- Genre or Form
- OCLC Number