Love understood : the science of who, how and why we love
- Laura Mucha.
- London : Bloomsbury Sigma, 2019.
Where to find it
"Laura Mucha has found the proof that love actually is all around."--Richard Curtis, writer and director of Love, Actually and Notting Hill
For Love Understood , Laura Mucha has interviewed hundreds of strangers, from the ages of 8 to 95 in more than 40 countries, asking them to share their most personal stories, feelings, and insights about love and relationships. These intimate and illuminating conversations raised important questions, such as:
- How does your upbringing influence your relationships?
- Does love at first sight exist? Should you 'just know'?
- What should you look for in a partner?
- Is monogamy natural?
- Why do people cheat?
- How do you know when it's time to walk away?
Drawing on psychology, philosophy, anthropology and statistics, Love Understood combines evidence, theory and everyday experience and is the perfect read for anyone who is curious about how we thing, feel and behave when it comes to love.
- Introduction p. 9
- Chapter 1 Don't Give Me Drugs p. 15
- Chapter 2 A Promiscuous Word p. 33
- Chapter 3 Heat-Seeking Missiles p. 51
- Chapter 4 What I Want More Than Anything p. 87
- Chapter 5 Looking for Love p. 113
- Chapter 6 (Not) Looking for Love p. 137
- Chapter 7 Extravagant Expectations p. 151
- Chapter 8 For Better or Worse p. 173
- Chapter 9 I Can Laugh Now p. 185
- Chapter 10 Sex, Swans and Swingers p. 219
- Chapter 11 The Good Fight p. 237
- Chapter 12 I Woke Up in the Gutter p. 253
- Chapter 13 When Things End p. 275
- Chapter 14 Borrowed People p. 319
- Epilogue p. 359
- Acknowledgements p. 362
- Index p. 364